2026 is the year I am going to blog. 

2025 in review: 

January: I did New Years Eve at my 1416 house, hosted with Joe. We drank and shot off fireworks and enjoyed time together with friends. It snowed and stuck. Josie, Joe, Kate, and I stomped around in the snow, made angels and snow men, and walked for miles like we were kids again. I started going to karaoke with Kate W. and Kiyah at the Derby. A month of renewed friendship and loving myself and my home. 

February: February was a hard month for reasons that didn't matter enough for me to currently recall. I went out a lot with Meka and Kate and did karaoke thursday with Kate W. pretty regularly. Dinner with Jesse and estate sales and organizing my jewelry into a beautiful jewelry stand I got while thrifting with Maddison. Meka, Kate, and I started a bookclub. 

March: Max came to visit and we went fishing with Jesse. I drug everyone to the garage constantly and started hanging out with Hassan, Zay, Cecily, and Sylvia more often. Crazy eights at daves on Saint Patricks day, the whole bar got into and and there was fighting LOL. 

April: I went to visit Marilyn in New York. We saw Tommy Fleece at a small bar in Brooklyn completely by accident and it has impacted my entire year since. I also spent a night in atl where I met Megan and reconnected with Julie whom I hadn't seen in forever. Sylvia and I started hanging out 1:1 more often and I started my year of Being Outside 

May: I started playing fortnite. I had a Labor Day house party where Jesse grilled and all my friends came. I started going to Trivia Tuesday this month (or maybe in april?) and became friends with Peter and Henry and Conner. We went swimming a lot at Hassan's. We watched a lot of baseball, Kate W. rescued a kitten, and my grahm came to visit. Grahm and mom went estate sale shopping with me and we all got matching quilts. 

June: Jesse's bowling birthday- my first received partiful! Kate and Meka and I went to the lake together. Kate and I say Modest Mouse together. We swam a lot June 2025. 

July: My very last house party at 1416. 4th of July, we shot off fireworks at the house and Joe and I really started to fall apart as a couple. Max came to visit and we went swimming with Jesse. Joe and I began moving out of the house we lived in with Josie and moved into 1509. My mom, Katie, Brady, and wyatt came to baseball with my friends and I. Tristan and Karysn came to visit and Joe wowed them as always. Sylvia had her birthday party at Casey's parents house in Bluff Park- her mom screamed for ten whole minutes and tried to seduce Joe. 

August: Max joined Mood Room and was in town a lot. Joe and I went to several of their shows before they went on Hiatus. We swam even more at Hassan's and went out to moms after trivia a good bit. I put Joe and I's new apartment together while he slept. I began talking to him seriously about breaking up. 

September: Kate and I went to shakey knees and had so much fun. I moshed with Max to My Chemical Romance and Kate and I got really into yoyos for a second. Maddison and I tried to smoke and drink in the woods but we got scared and went home to do it in my living room instead LOL. I turned 27 and for the first time really felt old. I started walking everywhere and being drunk a lot of the time. We closed out the baseball season.  Katie found out she was pregnant- and then pregnant with twins!! 

October: October was the longest month ever. I broke up with Joe on the 6th, right after going to his brothers wedding with him. In retrospect I should not have done this. Kate W. took such good care of me I don't think I would have made it through that period of time without her. We went to several bad movie nights at Sidewalk. I struggled really hard with Joe and I's breakup. I was sadder than I thought possible and started going to therapy more often. I got confirmation of systemic inflammation. Halloween and the weekends before and after we went absolutely feral. I think I had six total costumes. Kiyah and I started singing Fade Into You constantly, any chance we got. We hot tubbed at Hassan's. I felt so loved and cared for by my friends this month. Wyatt got married. 

November: November was a slow month. I spent a lot of time alone. Learning how to be lonely, learning how to self soothe. I started going to my parents for dinner on Wednesdays. Grahm and Poopah came up for thanksgiving, so did Katie and Brady. Wyatt and his "wife" came over for the first time. I went out a handful of times with friends. Meka and Zay and I did karaoke at Daves and we killed. Kate and I walked at Railroad park. 

December: December I went to ATL 3 times and misbehaved every time. Emily and I became friends and she invited me to a christmas party with her. I started feeling like myself again. I started making new friends and really getting into photography again. I would like to explore less posed moments going into 2026. Sylva broke up with Henry and we have been supporting each other a lot. I am very thankful for her always listening to me bitch about topics I dont like to discuss with other people. Max and I doubled down on our friendship and I met Sam for the first time. I went to a lot of places and met a lot of people. I played a lot of fortnite. I spent christmas with just my parents and I for the very first time in my entire life. It went okay. I used up every ounce of spare serotonin I had on the weekends and wasted away during the week. I spent New Years eve with Kate and Peter and made out with Samir- hey 2016 Ashley!! I went on my first date and it didn't suck but I wont be seeing the guy again LOL. I managed not to piss anyone off by constantly taking flash photos of them in inappropriate locations. I felt loved and welcome and exhausted. 

Summation: I am definitely missing large milestones and mainly basing these recalls on my camera roll. I could go further into disgusting detail if I went through my diary from the year- but I am already working with very limited serotonin and I dont think rehashing my thoughts in too much detail is necessary. I am excited and hopeful for what 2026 will bring. I am working on being happy with myself and not needing outside stimuli to find my center. I am going to learn bass this year, I am going to work on more stained glass, I am going to read at least 12 books. I am going to move out of birmingham and I am going to get a job that brings me more joy or gives me more free time. I am going to love and be loved. 

Comments